Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Stripes and an eShakti Review



According to most of the fashion magazines I read, stripes are in for spring.  And wouldn�t you know it, I wore stripes today:



When the lovely people at eShakti contacted me and asked me if I�d like to try a piece from their Pre-Spring/Resort Line, I jumped at the chance.  There were several pieces I loved (you can see them in this post) but I ultimately decided on this cream and blue striped knit dress: 


It�s my first knit piece from eShakti, and it�s pretty great.  It�s as soft and as cozy as pajamas, which is fabulous, but the lovely green belt, which came with the dress, also adds some structure.  I added a bit more structure, and some warmth (this dress is sleeveless) with a black blazer (Gap), charcoal herringbone tights (Hue) and ankle boots (Nine West �Darsy�). 

Really my only nit to pick, and it�s a small one, is that this is a LOT of dress.  The skirt is pleated, and therefore pretty full, and because the fabric is a nice, heavy knit, it can be a lot.  If I had it to do again, I�d probably order it a bit shorter to balance the weight of it.  This particular dress is currently out of stock, but if they re-stock and you do order it, I suggest ordering an above-the-knee length.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Gracey

Shop the Look:
Similar striped eShakti dresses: this one is the same fabric, different cut and this one is the same dress in red/white stripes
Similar black Gap blazer
Nine West �Darsy� boots
Emerald green belt

** Disclosure: Actions taken from the hyperlinks in this blog post may yield commission/compensation for the writer. Please see the Disclosure tab for more details.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home