Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last Seen: May 2, 2011


That�s right; these pants haven�t been seen, on this blog or otherwise, in over a year:



Honestly, I think it�s because they�re pants.  I don�t really wear pants.  I wear jeans and I wear leggings, but I�m in skirts and dresses the majority of the time.  And if I do wear pants, they�re usually cropped pants.  Actual-pants pants are just not my thing.

However, in the spirit of my exploration of the Land of Nosh Opping, I gave them a whirl today.  I paired the pants (Banana Republic Outlet) with a cream lace blouse (The Limited) layered over a black tank (Target).  I added a black patent belt (Nine West via Ross), yellow patent peep-toes (Me Too via Nordstrom) and yellow hoop earrings (Nordstrom).

And, it�s� okay.  These pants are perfectly serviceable.  And that�s not a bad thing to be; it just doesn�t really fit into my aesthetic.  I may not have a catch phrase for my style, but I can guarantee you that �Perfectly Serviceable� isn�t it.

So, why did I, a non-pants wearer, buy these pants?  Because I figured I might need them someday.  For example, what if I get a job where they don�t allow skirts or dresses due to the floor being made entirely of vents blowing hot air?  I�d need pants then, right?  Or, what if the next EBEW challenge is just �Pants� (as opposed to �Pants: The Musical,� which would be AWESOME).  Or someone may invent International Pants Day, and of course I�d want to be a part of that, so I�d need pants.

Looking over these reasons, none of them are very good, or probable, so I�m afraid these pants are going on the chopping block.  Let�s just hope International Pants Day never happens though, or I shall be very put out.

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey

P.S. There is still time to enter my eShakti giveaway here.  It closes at midnight tonight!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home