Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day One: In the Land of Nosh Opping


I embarked on my journey into the peculiar land of Nosh Opping today.  It is truly a strange country; all credit cards had to be left at the border and there are no thrift stores.  I do not know how long I will last here, but I am dedicated to exploring the currently uncharted region the locals call The Giants Closet, so I will hold out as long as I am able.

For the first day of my expedition, I wore the following:



I paired a pleated skirt (thrifted) with a silk tank (Anna & Frank, thrifted), an open open-weave cardigan (Eddie Bauer, thrifted), animal print booties (80%20 via Piperlime), lion drop earrings (vintage), a cameo bracelet (vintage) and a long necklace (thrifted). 

The pleated skirt probably looks familiar as I wear it often.  The booties are also a favorite of mine and have been seen before, but the silk blouse and the cardigan may be less familiar.  I actually found these artifacts as I explored The Giants Closet today, which was encouraging.    It is my hope that I will find similarly pleasing items as I explore the region, but I know this will not always be the case.  There are bound to be pitfalls filled with sharpened stakes and/or ill-fitting clothes.

Pitfalls or no, I shall continue to document my progress in Nosh Opping, and The Giants Closet, for as long as I am able to resist the lure of thrift stores in the outside world.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

P.S. For those of you wondering what the heck I�m talking about, this post will help explain.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home