Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Saturation Point


The title of this post has nothing to do with this dress:



I love this dress.  I wasn�t entirely sold on it when I first saw it and was still sort of iffy when I tried it on because I worried that it might be too matronly.  And perhaps it is, though I like to think the random yellow cuff keeps it fresh.  Either way, I absolutely adore it now.

In addition to the random yellow cuff (Mississippi Street Fair), I also paired the dress (vintage Liz Roberts, thrifted) with nude platform sandals (Banana Republic �Natalie�), a skinny belt (Gap) and square wooden earrings (Last Thursday vendor).



Image via Banana Republic

I especially like this dress because the skirt is secretly pleated and therefore secretly awesome for riding a bike in.  See?  Secret pleats:

Oh.  You really can't see very well, but trust me, that skirt is pleated.

Awesome as they are, the pleats also don�t have anything to do with the title of this post, so I suppose I should get down to it. 

�It� being the fact that my closet has reached it�s saturation point.  I have too many clothes.  My closet is stuffed to the gills and my poor dress armoire can�t possibly hold another dress.  In fact, this dress didn�t even make it to the armoire; it went straight from the laundry room to my what-I-think-I�m-going-to-wear-tomorrow hook. 

I blame Target and the thrift stores.  For example, both Value Village and Salvation Army had 50% off sales this weekend, and of course I had to go.  And I of course I had to buy some new vintage dresses and now I have too many clothes.  And Target?  In the past couple of months, I think I may have single-handedly helped my neighborhood Target reach their sales goals.

No more though.  I�m being forced into a �use it or lose it� situation with my closet.  So, I�m going to stop shopping (although I reserve the right to possibly shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale) until I�ve worn and/or gotten rid of every item currently in my closet.  Random 70s wear and sequined dresses aside, of course.

Wish me luck!

Gracey

P.S. If you�re lucky enough to still have room in your closet, there is still time to enter my eShakti giveaway, here.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home