Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Waking Up a Winter Wardrobe



The other day, Angie, of You Look Fab, listed her four ways to liven up a winter wardrobe and it got me to thinking about how I like to wake up my winter wardrobe.  Especially now when the days tend to be short, dark and cold.


Sparkle and Shine

A couple of years ago I was firmly against daytime shine.  I liked to save my sequins for special occasions and couldn�t figure out how to incorporate them into my every day wardrobe.  This winter I�m all about daytime shine; incorporating sequins, rhinestones and metallic into my every day looks.  Whether you wear a little, or a lot, daytime shine is a great way to beat the winter blahs.



Brights

Angie advocated bright coats and accessories in her list, but I�m advocating brights in general.  I love wearing brightly colored pants, sweaters and yes, accessories, during the winter.  Even when it�s freezing out, brights bring a smile to my face.



Texture 

This time a year, you�re probably wearing a lot of knits.  I know I am.  And I know that can get boring.  But, if you look for texturally interesting pieces, it can alleviate some of that boredom.  Honeycomb, cable knit and popcorn stitching can all add interest to basic knit pieces.  Fuzzy sweaters are also a great option in a delightfully 80s way.



New Neutrals

Black is a very present neutral in my winter wardrobe.  But, I also like to mix things up with new neutrals.  This year I�ve been wearing a lot of navy and gray but I also think camel, cream or even olive could work as a winter neutral.  




What about you, Reader Friends?  How do you wake up your winter wardrobe?

xoxo,

Gracey

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home