Monday, August 27, 2012

Why Not Try: Dark Florals?


I've given up on summer.  It hasn't gotten above 85 for over a week and this morning it rained on me on my ride in.  And, of course, I wasn't wearing a coat so my shirt was stuck to my chest by the time I got to work.  It was decidedly not awesome.  Take it from me, surprise rain storms are not a pleasant surprise at all.  Having given up on summer, I've decided to jump into some fall posts.  Specifically, a series I like to call "Why Not Try?".  You see, I'm beginning each title with those words so it seemed like a good idea for the series.  And now, without further ado, I give you the first post in my "Why Not Try?" series.

This fall and winter, why not try Dark Florals?  If you�ve seen my blog, you�ve probably seen me in a floral print.  It�s true, I love a good floral.  And, lately, I�ve been especially enamored of dark florals.  So, as you can imagine, I�m pretty thrilled that this is one of the trends for fall.

I�m excited about this trend for a variety of reasons.  One, I think dark florals are more unusual, and, for me, more interesting, than run-of-the-mill pastel florals.  Two, I think they�re easier to utilize in a year-round wardrobe, given their natural ability to be paired with winter�s darker hues.  And three, they�re pretty easy to thrift. 

Like most trends, dark florals aren�t a new invention.  This means that they can be found in abundance in thrift stores, whether you choose blouses, skirts or dresses.  Here are some of the dark floral pieces I�ve thrifted that I look forward to wearing this fall and winter:

Animal and floral.  Win-win.

Fall colors on a black background.

White roses on a black background - a graphic take on floral.

The dark teal background & orange flowers are perfect for fall.

And I always have my eye out for more.

How about you, Dearest Reader Friends?  Will you be going to the dark side this season?

Gracey

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home