Friday, December 9, 2011

Caramel, Smoke and Lagoon

I�ve decided that using nouns as adjectives to describe my clothes is my new thing.  Take this outfit for example:
It was a rough week, but I'm much better now.  Also, my friends are hilarious.


I could have described it as brown, gray and blue, but I practically fell asleep at my keyboard just typing that.  So boring.  But, caramel, smoke and lagoon?  Now that�s an exciting color combination.  To this end, I�m describing my outfit as lagoon jeggings (Gap) paired with a caramel sweater (thrifted Land�s End) layered over a smoke-colored tunic (Tulle).  I added cognac lace-up booties (Nine West via TJ Maxx) and a multi-colored scarf (Nordstrom).  Fancy, no?

But, I can�t take all the credit.  Gap described these pants as �lagoon� on their website.  And do you guys remember back in the day when catalogs used words like �stone� and �haze� and �cayenne� to describe their clothes?  I remember J. Crew being especially fond of this practice, offering shirts striped in �melon� and �celery.�  When I was younger, I thought it was kind of silly, but now I realize it�s sort of great and far more fun. 

What do you think, Dear Reader Friends?  Ridiculous or fabulous?

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Gracey

P.S. If you haven�t already, don�t forget to enter my giveaway for a $50.00 gift card from Go Chic or Go Home!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home