Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Colorful Collegiate

A co-worker commented that my outfit today is very �collegiate,� and I guess it is:



It does have a sort of prepster, collegiate look about it, which isn�t my usual style, but I like it.  I think the unusual color combination keeps it from being run-of-the-mill collegiate and feels more like me.  Full disclosure; as much as this color combination feels like �me,� I actually borrowed the idea from this outfit of Kendi�s.  But, as soon as I saw her post, I knew I wanted to pair my bright yellow sweater (Nordstrom, thrifted) and mauve skirt (vintage, thrifted).  I added navy tights (Target), colorful socks, lace-up booties (Nine West via TJ Maxx) and a multi-colored scarf.

Interestingly enough, I don�t usually consider yellow to be a fall color.  I know it was shown in quite a few fall collections:

Left to Right: Thakoon, Max Mara, Jill Sander & Karen Walker

But it was not anything I thought I�d try.  Now that I have tried it though, it makes sense to me.  I think this sweater will be a nice counterpoint to our increasingly rainy weather here in Oregon.

How about you, Dear Readers?  How do you feel about lemon yellow for fall?  Is it something you�d try?

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home